If you think you may have sensitive records regarding any animal or plant sightings please email us (address in the "Welcome" page) before posting on the Blog. We will pass all details in confidence to the relevant Recorder.

Sunday, 1 June 2014

Caterpillar query

I saw this caterpillar today among the grass. It 'looped' rather than crawled and I had to put it on a piece of tissue to focus, where it played dead. Any idea what species it is? I've not seen one before. The last photo shows its 2 pair of clasping legs



5 comments:

Peachysteve said...

The closest I can see in my book is a Silver Y.

Philip said...

Thanks Steve

AndyC said...

Burnished Brass...maybe

Philip said...

Yes Andy it does look like the images I have seen on the web. Thanks.

Philip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.